Sunday, September 19, 2010

Saw the coolest thing at The Fox Theatre Friday night...

I'd almost forgotten about this somehow. It popped back into my head as I was typing a tweet about today being the last chance to see RAIN: A Tribute to the Beatles at the Fabulous Fox Theatre in Atlanta. Hope that's the correct title of the show, I'm doing a quick run-by blog and don't have time to go all factual on you...

Anyway, the cool thing at the Fox Friday night --- I was waiting for my co-workers in front of the theater before going inside. Someone, and I missed who it was, handed the guy who stands out front greeting guests, opening doors, etc. two tickets and said he (or she) couldn't make the concert and they wanted him to give them away.

Wow. You know they could have stood there and sold the tickets to someone, I saw some hawkers doing that down the way. They could have made their money back at a minimum. But nope, they wanted to give them away. I suppose it's possible they were in a hurry and couldn't stand there, but they took the time to come to the theater to hand them to someone who'd give them away. Nice.

I was there long enough to see them given to a couple who really, truly appreciated the gift. I know they had a fantastic time. Everyone who saw RAIN seemed to have a great time.

One other time I was at a play, forget which one, and a girl came in at the last minute to take the seat next to me. She and I chatted while waiting for the show to start. She was SO excited. She'd wanted to see the play forever but couldn't really afford to see it. She'd saved up her pennies and had enough to buy one of the cheapest seats so made a last minute decision to bite the bullet and spend money. While she was standing in line a lady came up to her and asked if she'd like to have her ticket. It was a GOOD seat, in fact, one of the highest priced tickets. She was so thankful. Her appreciation and the kindness of the anonymous ticket-giver made me appreciate the play more than I normally would have.

Nice people go to the theater!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We pre-approve all messages (mainly to keep out the spam). Sorry, won't post anything with a link. Like music? I'm on www.blip.fm, too! Same name. You'll also find me on Twitter and Facebook.